Next start date: To be announced soon for 2022
– Register interest to be sure you’ll be alerted to this –
Next start date: To be announced soon for Spring 2022 – register to be sure you’ll be alerted to this
Delivery: The course is entirely online
Interactivity: All our courses have interactive elements (eg polls & quizzes). In addition, when we run a scheduled course there is a cohort of students learning alongside one another who interact via the discussion board, exchange ideas about best practice and pose questions of each other and of the tutor.
Course author/lead tutor: Professor Jenny Kitzinger, Cardiff University.
Duration of course: 4 week (self-study materials, for completion at own pace)
Study time involved: 7 hours (or more with optional activities)
Online seminar possibility: A final online discussion workshop may be offered if the tutors have time (optional)
Assessment: self-assessment quizzes & reflection (auto-generated certification of participation on completion).
Cost: £30 (gives individual access to online materials for 1 month)
Placement Students: We offer free places to 10 placement students per course. Contact us with details of your placement and why you’d like to do the course.
Centres taking on courses: we can make special arrangements for centre managers/teams who wish to organise a course for 30+ staff. This can include the possibility of an in-person seminar discussion. Contact us for details, costings & to discuss requirements.
Note 1: Students need a computer & internet access to do the course – with a microphone to listen to audio & the usual software for playing youtube clips etc. If organising this course from a workplace please check the technology and that there is no firewall block before booking.
Note 2: The fees for this course are currently set simply to cover software licences, website hosting and education technologist input. All receipts/invoices should go to our educational technologist partner: Liz Fahy at GeckoSurfing. Please let us know if you are a centre wishing to buy 30+ places on the course and an invoice can be sent if you prefer this way of paying.
Example of course contents
- Introduction: Course Welcome; Connecting Learners
- Healthcare/family relations: Healthcare professional experiences; Family experiences – collaboration and conflict
- Family Research and Resource: Research with families; Resources for families; Complexities of family journeys
- Perspectives on Therapies: Perceptions & expectations; differences between therapists and family understandings and how to bridge these.
- Communication & care: Communication, Support resources, Consultation with families
- Reflections, Self-asssement and Feedback